If you were looking forward to a prequel or origin story of the Peculiardom, you won’t be disappointed with Tales of the Peculiar which is a collection of folk stories. Folk stories that do shed some light on the mysterious history of the Peculiars.
Things to love:
- Beautiful writing that sweeps you off your feet
- Dark fairytales that leave you on the edge of your seat or crying
- Diverse characters
- The stories have open endings and an unreliable narrator
- Miller, the invisible boy, is the editor of the collection and there’s an author photo of him
Things not to love:
- A lot of telling but that’s expected of folk tales
- Not enough stories!
This book is for Miss Peregrine’s fans and Peculiars who need to know that they’re not alone.